Featuring Mixed Media, Fabric Art and Small Sculptures
Submission Due: February 10
Exhibition Reception: February 25 6-8 PM
OFF THE HOOK, 1 Navesink Avenue, Highlands NJ
Highlands Borough Arts Council (HBAC) and Off the Hook Restaurant invite you to submit artwork for consideration in the OFF THE WALL Art Exhibition. Featuring an eclectic mix of art ranging from collages to quilts, this exhibit recognizes that some artwork is multi-dimensional and cannot be confined to traditional framing and hanging. OFF THE WALL appreciates the concept of layering, the importance of texture, and the fusion and co-mingling of multiple materials. Taking place at Off the Hook’s expansive second floor gathering space overlooking the Shrewsbury River, Sandy Hook and the Atlantic Ocean, this show will hang for 4 weeks.
Artists may submit up to two pieces for consideration. Submission is FREE. Send your electronic submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10.
Include the following information:
1. Your Name and an Electronic Image of the artwork
2. Dimensions, approximate Weight, and hanging instructions
3. Title and a brief Description referencing the Materials used
4. If the piece is For Sale, provide the Price. If it is Not for Sale, please indicate. NOTE: For all pieces sold, HBAC receives a 20% administration fee
5. NOTE: As a small community based arts organization, HBAC does carry general liability insurance, but we do not insure the artwork. By submitting your piece for consideration, you are confirming you understand the insurance limitations
OFF THE WALL is the third in a series of gallery events sponsored by Off the Hook. Off the Hook has been a part of the Highlands Community for well over a decade and the ownership has been part of Highlands for their whole lives. Off The Hook has been a beacon of the community and has become the "Cheers" of Highlands. As resilient as this town is, Off The Hook has been right there with the rest of us.
In addition to Off the Hook, Highlands Borough Arts Council wishes to thank the following sponsors: Bahrs Landing, In the Garden, Rick’s Eco-Green & Clean, Gateway Press, and Lab Scientific.